Meanwhile in London, U.K.
An independent network of over 100 students occupied the headquarters of the University of London at Senate House, demanding that ”the University of London Union (ULU) remain in student hands – democratically run by students – and has its block grant returned, that all outsourced workers at the university are awarded a pension, that the ULU oppose the privatization of student loans, and that the financial statements of the University’s academic departments and non-academic services be published so that they can be scrutinized so that the University’s decisions can be properly held to account by the community.”
Here are two videos provided by The Guardian. One shows an officer punching a protester in the face during Wednesday’s demonstration. The other shows a cop trying to hit protesters (on the other side of a gate) with his baton.
As coverage for the protest decreases, the police brutality and suppression continues to increase. It’s up to the public to spread this info.
- Austrian Empire: Crown of Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor
- German Empire: German State Crown
- Russian Empire: Great Imperial Crown
- Kingdom of Hungary: Holy Crown of Saint Stephen
- German Empire: Crown of the German Empress
- Kingdom of Bohemia: Crown of St. Wenceslas
- Kingdom of Prussia: Crown of Wilhelm II
- German Empire: Crown of the Crown Prince
- Kingdom of Bavaria: Royal crown of Bavaria
- United Kingdom: Crown of St. Edward
- United Kingdom: Crown of Queen Victoria
- Kingdom of Italy: Royal crown of Italy
- Archduchy of Austria: Archducal coronet
- Kingdom of Sweden: Crown of the Swedish Crown Prince
- Kingdom of Romania: Steel Crown of Romania
high tide and low tide in great britain. photographs by michael marten
… To avoid criminal prosecution, HSBC admitted Tuesday that it laundered more than $800 million for Mexican drug cartels, and covered up illegal transactions for Burma, Iran, Sudan, Cuba, and Libya. …
Use drugs, go to jail. Sell drugs on the street, go to jail. Work at the top of an entire criminal enterprise, free pass.
Lesson: If you’re poor, you’re going to jail. If you’re rich, we can work out a deal.
* HSBC Holdings plc (akas HSBC) is a British multinational banking & financial services company headquartered in London, England.
As of 2012, it was the world’s 3rd-largest publicly held bank and 6th-largest public company, according to a composite measure by FORBES magazine.
HSBC serves around 60 million customers through 4 Global Businesses. [including the wealth of dictators, drug cartels, and rebels.]
THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN. HOWEVER IF YOU’RE RICH THEN YOU CAN MAKE A FORTUNE FROM ITS LOOPHOLES. IF NOT, THEN YOU’RE A DISPENSABLE COMMODITY.
Wake up, the system is here to stay if you don’t.
* Led Zeppelin
* The Tower of London, U.K.
Artist - Paul Insect (UK) // install in East Manchester
Brandalism: ’taking the piss with a point’
- Dr.D, 2012
The Brandalism project saw 25 artists from 8 countries coming together for the biggest subvertising campaign in UK history. Over five days a team of guerilla installers travelled to Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol and London and put up artworks that seeks to confront the ad industry and take back our visual landscapes.