I love how the movie “Dallas Buyer Club” takes a huge shit on FDA.
The FDA approves of the toxic preservatives for people to eat & get sick.
Meanwhile they’re banning the potential cures for the dying patients with AIDS.
Oh wait that’s right.
The “current” deputy commissioner of FDA was the “former” vice president of Monsanto.
How time hasn’t changed anything at all & fuck money hungry Big Pharmas too.
Maybe there’s some sort of mass confusion or dyslexia going on..
Isn’t the FDA’s commissioner the ex-President of Monsanto?
Yes, he is. That’s comical.
Vice-president Michael Taylor, appointed to FDA in 2009 and according to google he is still commissioner.
And appointed by Obama. So there you go!
The FDA says what it’s PAID to say! Do the opposite!
Raw milk and cheese makes their food-like products look even more like a sick joke…
* Did you know rain harvesting is also illegal in many states?
pizza is a vegetable
Ignorance is strength.
Dietary supplements do not require FDA approval before they are sold to consumers, and only regulated after being placed on shelves.
* The president/chairman or w/e used to be the vice president of Monsanto so sadly I’m not surprised.
* That awkward moment when u realize… the scumbag that poisoned your food is the one supposed to keep you from eating poisoned foods.
Trust your government.
* Corporate interests »»»> The well-being of citizens
- No GMO Labeling Laws in the USA!
- Lack of Adequate FDA / USDA Safety Testing
- Monsanto Puts Small Farmers out of Business
Farmer Suicides After GMO Crop Failures
- Monsanto Products Pollute the Developing World
500,000 Agent Orange Babies
- Monsanto Blocking Government Regulations
- Monsanto Guilty of False Advertising & Scientific FRAUD
- Consumers Reject Bovine Growth Hormone rBGH in Milk
- GMO Crops Do NOT Increase Yields
- Monsanto Controls U.S. Soy Market
- Monsanto’s GMO Foods Cause NEW Food Allergies
* The Agent Orange that killed not only the jungle itself, but the countless people were affected by it including American soldiers and Vietnamese.
Kids born as a deformed and soldiers dying of cancer and leukemia.
Make Genetically Modified Food without studying for its long term affects
Make seeds that die off after 1 season so the farmers are forced to buy their seeds AGAIN after AGAIN.
Does it make you feel better to know that the senior commissioner of Food and Drug Administration; Michael R. Taylor is a former MONSANTO executive?
The recent class-action lawsuit brought against Taco Bell raised questions about the quality of food many Americans eat each day.
Chief among those concerns is the use of cellulose (wood pulp), an extender whose use in a roster of food products, from crackers and ice creams to puddings and baked goods, is now being exposed. What you’re actually paying for – and consuming – may be surprising.
Cellulose is virgin wood pulp that has been processed and manufactured to different lengths for functionality, though use of it and its variant forms (cellulose gum, powdered cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, etc.) is deemed safe for human consumption, according to the FDA, which regulates most food industry products. The government agency sets no limit on the amount of cellulose that can be used in food products meant for human consumption.
[Note: Humans are unable to digest cellulose since we lack the appropriate enzymes to break it down. This is a food adulterant and another example of the wholly corrupt nature of the federal agency responsible for food safety but continues to prove itself more concerned with corporate profit. ~Ed]
The USDA, which regulates meats, has set a limit of 3.5% on the use of cellulose, since fiber in meat products cannot be recognized nutritionally.
“As commodity prices continue to rally and the cost of imported materials impacts earnings, we expect to see increasing use of surrogate products within food items. Cellulose is certainly in higher demand and we expect this to continue,” Michael A. Yoshikami, chief investment strategist at YCMNet Advisors, told TheStreet.
Manufacturers use cellulose in food as an extender, providing structure and reducing breakage, said Dan Inman, director of research and development at J. Rettenmaier USA, a company that supplies “organic” cellulose fibers for use in a variety of processed foods and meats meant for human and pet consumption, as well as for plastics, cleaning detergents, welding electrodes, pet litter, automotive brake pads, glue and reinforcing compounds, construction materials, roof coating, asphalt and even emulsion paints, among many other products.
Cellulose adds fiber to the food, which is good for people who do not get the recommended daily intake of fiber in their diets, Inman said lied. It also extends the shelf life of processed foods. Plus, cellulose’s water-absorbing properties can mimic fat, he said, allowing consumers to reduce their fat intake.
Perhaps most important to food processors is that cellulose is cheaper, he added, because “the fiber and water combination is less expensive than most other ingredients in the [food] product.”
Product pictures and info HERE
Oh Yum …
* WHAT THE FUCK! FUCKING FDA…. WTF IS YOUR FUCKING PURPOSE FOR ALLOWING THESE ASSHOLES SELL FOODS THAT CONTAIN WOOD SHIT THAT WE CAN’T EVEN DIGEST?!?!?!?!