Police State USA
He told the Tribune that throwing away the students’ lunches could have been easily prevented, but did not say it was a mistake.
"If students were humiliated and upset," Olsen said. "that’s very unfortunate and not what we wanted to happen." (link)
What the hell is wrong with people??? You are going to deny a child food…really???
That Louise gif is appropriate.
People out there seriously do not care about others. No one with any sort of heart or conscience can look at a child and literally take food out of their mouths. WTF? Who does that? You’re gonna see a child go hungry over a few dollars? Dude, if they can’t afford to pay you, likely they’re having trouble feeding those same kids. The school lunch might be the only meal they get.
Some people have no souls.
And to throw good food away when there are hungry kids right in front of you!!! How do you even stand there talking about “it’s not a mistake.” Like he doesn’t even fathom the fuckery of the situation. It’s absolutely a mistake, asshole. A mistake that you were born without an ounce of compassion or decency.
YOU THREW IT AWAY! WHY NOT LET THEM KEEP IT! WHAT THE FUCK!
the american way
And I bet these fucks would have the nerve to say to other kids
"REMEMBER KIDS, DON’T YOU DARE WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS FOOD, EAT UP NOW!"
- globally, 77,600,000 girls do not attend school
- there are 33,000,000 fewer girls than boys in primary education
- girls with secondary education are 6 times less likely to be married as children
- a girl with 7 years of schooling in the developing world will have 2.2 fewer children
- a child born to a literate mother is 50% more likely to survive past the age of 5
- two thirds of the 775,000,000 illiterate adults, and 63% of illiterate youth, are female
- literate mothers are twice as likely to immunize their children and send them to school
- a girl who completes basic education is 3 times less likely to contract HIV
- a girl earns 20% more as an adult for every additional year of education she receives
- a nation’s GDP rises an average of 3% when 10% more its girls attend school
- less than 2% of international development funds are specifically allocated to girls
- school is not free in over 50 countries
photos: (1) malala yousafzai; (2) joey l. of a school for the hamar tribe in ethiopia; (3) beawiharta in jakarta of students who risk life crossing a collpased bridge to get to school; (4) muhammed muheisen in pakistan; (5) altaf gadri of an unofficial school run for slum dwellers held under a bridge in new delhi; (6) paula bronstein of burmese refugees in thailand at a school in their refugee camp; (7) noah seelam in hyderabad, india; (8) per anders pettersson, uganda; (9) lana slezic in afghanistan; (10) roberto schmidt in afghanistan, where acid attacks and poisoning of water by the taliban is on the increase at schools for girls
"You can’t pay $60,000 a year? Sorry, you can’t go to college."
"You dropped out of school to earn money and now you’re at a dead-end job? Why didn’t you just go to college?"
SUMMERHILL SCHOOL!!! ENGLAND!!!!
My teacher told me about this in high school. As humans we have a natural thirst for knowledge. While naturally kids did their own thing for the first few weeks they eventually started going to class. It teaches them to want to go to class. You’re not forced to learn and because of that you want to learn.
He was on the right track.